Sunday, September 21, 2014

Love and sex with my first boyfriend II

The last straw in my relationship with John was that even after 10 years together, he didn't want to marry me. He said he wanted to focus on his career first. I mean we have been together for ten years and I'm like begging him to marry me, and he wants to think about it. It takes two years to get to choose our BTO (built to order) HDB (housing and development board government built housing) flat and three to four years to build it which would still have meant actually moving out in five years only. So even though he couldn't commit, we did sign up for a HDB flat in Yishun, my favorite HDB  estate. But by the time the day came for us to show our marriage certificate and choose our HDB flat, we had broke up. That day was a day I remember as a day of yearning for the good old days with John and a strong desire for a place and nest of my own.

Another reason for our breakup was his indecisiveness and his inability to make any decision without consulting his mother. After we broke up, she arranged a dinner between us and told us to stop quarreling and acting like kids and asked me for a date and she would prepare for our marriage. His mother really took me for granted. It's as though his mother is proposing. In the past she didn't like the way I washed the clothes so I decided never to wash any clothes in her house. I'm quite nice to Johns sister who is very simple and abnormally short, and I had already agreed to set aside a room for her to live with us when we got married. This must be why she suddenly took my side after all these years. They were afraid the China woman won't care for Jane the way I did. I bring Jane out alone often enough. With all the stories going round about how mercenary the MIC girls are, John had such a big row with his mother that he moved out to stay with her when she refused to let the MIC stay overnight. MIC = Made in China.

I lost big time to the MIC girl. John who had never taken my side against his mother, and who never made any decision without consulting her, could stand up for the MIC against his mother. She relented and let her move in and now they are married. I saw the MIC and she is not as attractive as I am so she must have other things going for her. But how much of those other things are genuinely her and not a front put up to catch her man? I don't know but that's why they say about these PRC girls. They can be very sweet and feminine to their men and have a totally different and hard side to others. Just look them fighting unashamedly for seats and space in the overcrowded MRT trains.  MRT = mass rapid transit or subway or underground. PRC = Peoples republic of China. PRC = MIC.And the MRT trains are overcrowded because there are suddenly so many PRC and other foreigners in town. It's bad enough they come here to compete for our jobs and places in hospitals, schools, and trains. It's bad enough that they drive our wages lower and cause property prices to go up. But now they are taking away our husbands and boyfriends. I'm may be bitter and biased, but that's the coffee shop talk about old men losing their savings to young women from China. I'm sure there are nice women who come here to make a better life for themselves through honest means and not through the red light districts of Geylang, and to these women, I say I'm sorry.

Things are so expensive in Singapore nowadays. In our drive to achieve the humble Singapore dream of only just an HDB flat and a car, we have lost our loves somehow, somewhere, sometime back without realizing it at the time that it was happening, and now it's too late. All over Singapore, Singaporeans are sacrificing something precious for their materialistic Singapore dream. We just don't know what we are losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment